Sunday, August 02, 2009

From the sketchbook

We are back from vacation, and I promise to post pictures soon. I did manage to take a sketchbook and get a few sketches down for future illustrations, but also did a few from-life studies Eiffle-who has been drawn here before. Our friends, Emily and Scott, joined us for vacation with their awesome Boston Terrier, Eiffle, which was a really great treat. He has a lot of personality-but it he is difficult to draw because he rarely stays still!



Also just before vacation I did a sketch of our giant dog sleeping, and the way she sleeps reminded me of a tattoo i designed for a friend of a fox, so I decided to draw a fox (I was also testing out some new colored pencils), but then I came back with a bic pen and drew the frog, not really sure where he came from, just felt like drawing a frog and I LOVE drawing in bic pen!

No comments: