Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Where does the time go?

I can hardly believe it is already December and Xmas is right around the corner. I see a lot of cookie-baking and jam-making in my future.

In the time since my last post I have been delving into the social media world and getting to know the Twitterverse. So far I've made some great connections and found it to be an excellent source for new information and resources, as well as just some really funny stuff.

I've probably designed and redesigned my website at least 10 times since this time last year, and yet none of them have been posted. I'm still searching for what I really want it to say and do, but I'm feeling closer to a finished concept than i have yet, so maybe this will be the year!

I may be leaving my steadfast webhosters and darling husband/web designer to try out a squarespace option that will allow my web-incompetent self to do my own updates. It's cheap, good-looking and I could put this blog right in it! I have some more digging to do, but we'll see!

Also, a few weeks ago my company sent my boss and I to the amazing Edge conference in Boston, hosted by the Boston Ad Club. The speaker line-up was top-notch and the presentations did not disapoint. I was totally jazzed by the end, full of information and inspiration that will start playing out for me over the next few months as I start to revamp my life as a freelance illustrator/designer. Well, once I finish cleaning out the studio...

There are still more house/door posts coming, and some day I will post this year's vacation photos to my flickr account-but for now I will leave you with the photos from our vacation companions (one of whom is an amazing amateur photographer):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottmccracken/sets/72157621802627046/

A great time was had by all, and as the snow is being forecast for tomorrow, I am dreaming of being back in that perfect week of summer!

No comments: