Sunday, June 21, 2009

Updates and things.

I know that generally this blog is for design and illustration, but the design I've been knee-deep in lately has been interior design and garden design! I have been so busy outside, despite the rather gloomy June weather, that I have not been sketching nearly as much as I'd like. However, I am making some progress on an identity for a tech company in Pittsburg as well as for a local bio-tech quality consultant that I hope to feature here once they are out in the public eye. And the kid's book I am peddling is off to a few more places. I still have high hopes that we'll be picked up by a publisher.

On the home front, we have been doing some serious gardening and a few home rennovations with plans to have the house reappraised and refinance! Lower mortgage payments are always nice.

My one pot of small daisies from last year apparently wind-seeded all over the garden by the pool. They're everywhere and I love it! But while weeding in my garden I met a new little buddy-who gave me quite a start-isn't he cute? And he was very obliging when he let me take his picture-once my heart had started beating again.



And now for the before's and afters of our old, yucky, rotting fence, and our new gorgeous cedar fence (done by Wachusett Greenscapes) The old fence was rotting so badly that we had to tie one of the posts to a cinderblock so it would make it through the winter. In a science-y kind of way, it did have some really interesting lichen growing on it. The red stuff was really cool, it reminded me a bit of the lichen with the eyeballs from the movie Labyrinth.

Before...


...and after!

It came out so perfectly, and the new gate we added on the back side of the fence is great! No more walking all the way around to get to the vegetable and butterfly gardens!

It will be nice to start a spring someday where there isn't so much to do. I'd love for the plants to just come up and bloom and be pretty. No digging, no major construction, no giant piles of loam at the end of the driveway. Here's hoping all the work pays off for next spring!

1 comment:

Sarah Cohen said...

Beautiful work, hun!
Let me know if you still are interested in rust-orange and chocolate-brown fabrics for outdoors. Local shop having huge "Get This Out Of Our Space" sale...